Active Front-end Converter (AFC) is an intelligent device, which reduces the harmonics and improves the power
factor of utility side. AXPERT- i-sine
is the best solution for the applications which requires dynamic braking. It helps to save
energy by feeding the excess energy back to the grid.
AFC can be used with AC drive(s) for the mitigation of harmonic. It can be used for multiple drives also.
some of the unique features of AXPERT- i-sine
Active Front-end Converter are as under.
Very Fast Response
- The response of AFC is very fast due to its 32-bit, Floating point Digital Signal Processor based control
Low current THD at input side
- Helps to comply with IEEE 519-1992 requirements
- The control algorithm dynamically changes the switching frequency, which keep input current THD less than
5% at rated load condition.
- They reduce total Harmonic distortion (THD), improve the power factor and facilitates compliance to IEEE519 1992 standard.
Selectable Power Factor at input side
- User can select the input power factor from 0.95 lead to 0.95 lag.
Bi-directional Power Flow for regenerative braking
- No need of dynamic braking resistor
- Due to capability of Bi-directional power flow, excessive energy of DC bus can be feed back to the utility supply
Built-In Energy Meter
Operates with closed loop control for best accuracy
Total 80-Character, 4-Line LCD panel with backlit
Modbus-RTU Connectivity for Networking
Advanced programmable digital I/O interface
- AFC has inbuilt energy meter functions like energy import, energy export and energy total - Efficiency better than 98%
- Improves power quality by reducing harmonics and improving power factor.
- Reduction in heating of power cables, electronics systems due to less current harmonics at input side.
- Elimination of nuisance tripping in circuit breakers due to reduction in harmonics.
- Energy saving by feeding excessive power of DC bus to supply grid.
- Operational reliability and high availability.
- User-friendly operation.
- Instantaneous dynamic response.
Low Input current Hamonics and improved Power Factor
The AXPERT- i-sine
Active Front-end Converter actively controls the input
current THD and power factor regardless of motor speed and percentage
of rated load. Even if supply voltage distortion is 5% the supply side
performance is good. The performace of AXPERT- i-sine
is less affected
by supply voltage harmonic distortion.